Sorry for the delayed post! I had server downtime all weekend, and wasn’t back up & running until this morning. But, you’ve got to roll with the punches right? 🙂
Maybe you were busy yesterday with Memorial Day cookouts and get-togethers, so you missed out on #MeatlessMonday? How about a #MeatlessTuesday, then? Or, if you are like me and EVERY DAY in your house is meatless … here is a GREAT Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe to try anytime.
Here’s what you’ll need —
- 1 box Trader Joe’s Frozen Eggplant Cutlets
- 1 jar high-quality marinara sauce OR homemade marinara
- 16 ounces, shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped (garnish)
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Line the frozen eggplant cutlets on a baking sheet, and bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven.
2. Reduce oven temp to 350 degrees.
3. In a 9 x 9 baking dish, spread marinara sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of baked eggplant cutlets in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle fresh basil on top.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes (or until cheese slightly browns).
Note: If you want to substitute fresh herbs for the dried herbs in the homemade marinara recipe, you won’t be disappointed! The substitution rule is 3 to 1. For example, for every 1 tablespoon of dried herbs, substitute 3 tablespoons of fresh herbs.