Happy Monday everyone!
The Meatless Monday Featured Recipe for August 6, 2012 is Creamy Tagliatelle of Root Vegetables. This recipe comes to you courtesy of:
Vegetarian Cooking: A Common Sense Guide
There are some amazing recipes in this cookbook – mains, sides, and some awesome looking desserts. It was given to me as a gift, but it can be purchased on Amazon.com if you just click on the picture of the cookbook above. I consider it an awesome resource for vegetarian cooking!
The tagliatelle looks delicious!
Here’s what you need to make 4 servings. Enjoy!!
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 2 large parsnips, peeled
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely diced
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the carrots and parsnips into long thin strips, until you reach the hard core. Blanch the carrot and parsnip strips in the boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, then refresh in a bowl of iced water.
- Pour the heavy cream into a saucepan. Add the garlic & stir over medium heat until the cream has reduced to about 3 1/2 ounces. Stir in half of the parmesan cheese & half of the chives, then season well with sea salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain the vegetable strips thoroughly, then add to the cream mixture & stir gently over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Serve garnished with the remaining parmesan and chives.
Other Meatless Monday recipes you might like:
Easy Fish Tacos (for the pescetarians)
Easy Peasy Roasted Vegetables (everyone loves these)
Powered by Facebook Comments