I found this delicious veggie pasta recipe at RealSimple.com and wanted to share as today’s featured Meatless Monday dinner idea. This recipe serves 4 and takes about 35 minutes to put together.
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- grated Parmesan, for serving
- Heat oven to 450° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, on 2 rimmed baking sheets, toss the eggplant, onion, bell pepper, and garlic with the oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Roast, rotating the sheets halfway through, until the vegetables are golden brown and very tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, tomatoes, and reserved cooking water to the pasta and cook over medium heat, tossing, until the liquid coats the pasta, 2 to 4 minutes. Add the oregano and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
P.S., if you like more cheese, sprinkle some feta on top for even more flavor!
Powered by Facebook Comments