Whether you have a gym membership or not, sometimes you just want to get a great workout without having to go somewhere to do it. I hear ya! And with traffic and road construction the way it is now, I swear leaving the house is terribly overrated!
Whether you are looking for ways to tone your arms, lift your butt, or just get some cardio in …
Here are 10 of the BEST Workouts you can do from home (or anywhere!)
1. Your BEST Butt. This is a great butt workout courtesy of Lita, a dancer who blogs on Tumblr as Back on Pointe. You can do this entire workout from home without a single piece of equipment. Have a pair of dumbells at home? Great! Use them if you want to add intensity.
If you’ve been doing this butt workout for awhile and you want to switch things up, check out the Beach Babe Booty workout here. You’ll be feeling this when you are done … no doubt!
2. Tank Top Arms. Who cares if summer is almost over? We want tank top arms year-round, and we can get them easily with this AWESOME workout from the lovely Caitlin at fitfabcities.com. Our arms thank you for this, Caitlin! For best results, you will need a pair of dumbbells. Start off with a weight you can manage (or even two bottles of water if you are a beginner). Increase weight once it becomes too easy (e.g., you aren’t feeling the burn after completing a set)
View on Amazon: 3-lb. dumbbells, 5-lb. dumbbells
3. The 25 for 25 Workout. Whoa! This one looks intense! You will do each one of these 25 moves in about 25 minutes. Do each exercise for 25 seconds, resting 25 seconds before starting the next move. This workout is from Katy at fitinheels.com. You can see a demo of each move here.
4. Killer Inner Thigh Workout (but in a GOOD way). This is great inner thigh workout from Cassie at blogilates.com. Here is a link to Cassie’s printable version. All you need is a yoga mat. What are you waiting for?
View on Amazon: yoga mat
5. Resistance Tube Workout. Just like it says… this is a great home workout you can do in the comfort of your own living room. Resistance tubes are inexpensive, lightweight, easy-to-use, and travel well. Check out these Ultimate Resistance Tube Moves from UK trainer Jon Stratford.
view on Amazon: resistance tubes
6. The All Body Bosu Workout. There is a good chance you have one of these at home already. Maybe in your garage if not in plain sight? I inherited mine from my friend Barbora Silva (thanks Barbora!) a few years ago. It has been resurrected from the garage as I have upped my at-home workouts considerably. This poster, repinned on Pinterest from loveandprimal is by far the best total body Bosu workout I’ve seen. I love how it is also used for squats & lunges — awesome workout!
View on Amazon: Bosu Balance Trainer
repinned from #loveandprimal
7. The 100 Workout. I have no idea who to credit for this workout. If anyone knows, will you please post it in the comments so I can update this? Thanks!! I’ve seen it online for at least a couple of years (basically since I discovered Pinterest). It is quick and effective. Everything is done indoors except the last 10 minutes, which is a run. I PROMISE you’ll be warmed up by the time you head outdoors!
8. Kill Those Calves Workout. Want sexy calves? This workout will give ’em to you. This is all calves, baby. They’ll be screaming by the time you are done. But won’t you look hot in your heels? I think so! This one is from @workouts_daily. Check out their Instagram feed here.
Don’t forget to stretch when you are done or foam roll to go a little deeper. Check out these 5 foam roller stretches to keep your muscles long and lean!
9. The “Sexy Back” Workout. Nope, this isn’t what JT does to stay in shape. This is from our friends at Shape.com. The Sexy Back workout is banish bra bulge, back pain, and bad posture. Check out the instructional video here to see more.
and last but not least …
10. The 5-4-3-2-1 Workout. Only got 15 minutes? Not a problem! This 15-minute workout hits everything you need for a great at-home fat blaster – no equipment required. Again, I’m not sure who created this workout. If you know, please drop me a comment below!
Hope you enjoyed these! Let me know if I missed any great ones … and don’t forget to STRETCH after your workout 🙂