Arugula is my new all-time favorite salad ingredient, and it’s so versatile! After a few nights of a simple “rocket and parm” salad, I wanted to sweeten things up a bit. I love adding dried cranberries and bleu cheese to my salads, especially in the winter. This one was super easy and did not disappoint!
Here’s what you need to serve 4 (or 2 people who always go back for seconds 🙂 )
Easy Arugula Salad
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp bleu cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup large croutons
- Homemade balsamic vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Add arugula, cranberries and bleu cheese to a large salad bowl. Gently toss. Add croutons and dress with salad dressing (use as much or as little as you prefer)
- Serve and enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Dorot crushed garlic cube (or 1 clove minced garlic)
- 3 Dorot chopped basil cubes (or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a salad dressing shaker or empty container of your choice.
- Shake until ingredients are well blended.
Note: You can find the Dorot brand garlic & herb cubes in the freezer section at your local Trader Joe’s, or check their website for other locations.