Happy Meatless Monday! I’ve been on big baking kick lately, trying out several treats that stick to the Clean Eating rules!
I’m a big fan of grabbing a protein bar on the way out the door to enjoy as a mid-morning snack. I literally had a standing order with Amazon Prime for my Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bars!
Since I’m trying to avoid dairy and eat foods without preservatives as often as possible, I’ve been making batches of protein bars in my kitchen to grab instead. This week, I’m sharing another Jamie Eason recipe with you that is a clean treat that is also dairy-free.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup Oat Flour (I like Bob’s Red Mill Oat Flour which you can order on Amazon at a great price! Jamie uses this brand in her recipes too!)
- 4 egg whites
- 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- ½ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 oz berry-flavored baby food
- 3 tbsp baking cocoa
- 4 oz water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients (oat flour, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa, Truvia) together in a large bowl using a wisk.
3. Add wet ingredients (egg whites, baby food, water) on top of the mixed dry ingredients and stir well.
5. Spray an 8 x 8 Pyrex dish with a nonstick cooking spray and pour batter into dish.
6. Bake 30 minutes in oven.
This recipes makes 16 squares. Serving size = 2 bars.
Nutritional info for one serving (2 bars): Calories 96; Fat 1.4 grams; Total Carbs 12 grams; Protein 10 grams