It’s a brisk fall morning here in sunny California, which means I’m trading in my morning smoothie for a nice warm bowl of oatmeal! Since you all know how much I LOVE to cook with pumpkin, I wanted to experiment with a little pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to come up with a nice Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal recipe for Meatless Monday.
This recipe is super easy and took only 5 minutes to make. Pumpkin is nutrient-rich — a cup of pumpkin contains 200% of the RDA of Vitamin A, which keeps your vision sharp — so it makes a great addition to oatmeal!
Here’s what you need to make one serving:
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk (may need more depending on desired consistency)
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix together oats and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 90 seconds, stirring once.
- Check consistency and add more milk if you want it thinner. Cook for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Heat another 30 seconds and serve.
Question: What are some of your favorite Pumpkin recipes? Any breakfast favorites? Share them below!
For more Meatless Monday recipes, click here.