Looking for some Meatless Main Dishes for dinner tonight or for your upcoming 4th of July festivities? Look no further than these savory Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.
Yield: 4 stuffed mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- Ground black pepper
- 6 ounces kale, roughly chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat white cheddar cheese
- Canola-oil cooking spray
1) Preheat oven to 375F.
2) Remove stems & inside gils of the portobello mushrooms. Spray inside of a glass/Pyrex dish large enough to hold all four portobellos (a 9 x 9 square pan should work). Place the mushrooms inside the dish and brush insides of the with olive oil.
3) Add kale, shredded cheese, and then tomatoes to each of the mushroom caps. Splash a little extra olive oil on top of each. Don’t be afraid to pile on the toppings — they will reduce down while cooking. Splash a little balsamic vinegar on top of each, then season freshly ground black pepper.
4) Bake in the preheated oven until mushrooms are cooked through and cheese bubbles, about 25-30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Do you have a favorite vegetarian recipe? Tell me about it below, and you may be featured on our blog!