Meatless Monday Recipe: Sweet Corn Salsa with Mango and Ginger

Happy Meatless Monday! As per the use, today we’re featuring another delicious meatless dish in honor of the Meatless Monday movement.

Photo courtesy of meatlessmonday.com

Photo courtesy of meatlessmonday.com

I promised today I would start to chronicle my countdown to the BIG 4-0 as well. T minus 46 days and counting! As I continue my strength training, I’m even more aware that ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN!  That’s right folks — 70% of that svelte middle you crave is about having a good diet with loads of veggies and healthy protein. The other 30% is what you do in the gym.

Sweet Corn and Mango Salsa

Today’s recipe is sweet & spicy, with no need for any added sugar. The ginger gives it a little extra kick. It is adapted from a recipe originally posted by the lovely Miss Averie Sunshine at Averie Cooks from back in 2010. I removed an item or two from the “laminated list” and amped up the ginger (we go cray cray for the fresh ginger at this house) This salsa is great for lunch with fresh avocado slices or Roasted Vegetables over Quinoa.  For dinner, try some with my Meatless Ground “Beef” Enchiladas or any of your favorite dishes. Here’s what you need!

Ingredients

  • 1 8-ounce canned corn (low sodium)
  • 1/3 cup mango, diced
  • 1/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
  • Freshly-squeezed lime juice from 1/2 lime
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
  • Kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste

Preparation

Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized serving dish.  Stir well and serve immediately.  If you don’t finish off the whole dish, the leftovers can be stored for a couple of days in the refrigerator.  Ours didn’t make it 🙂 [widgets_on_pages]

Other recipes you might like:

Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms | The Wellness Scientist

Savory Quinoa Cakes | The Wellness Scientist

Also linked today at Make-It-Yourself Monday

2 thoughts on “Meatless Monday Recipe: Sweet Corn Salsa with Mango and Ginger

  1. Looks delish! I like corn but many times it does not like me! 😉

    As I said on IG, 40 is young! I have stepdaughters that age! 🙂 I will say that 40’s were good to me – it was 50 & after that attacked me! 😉

    ABsolutley they are about the kitchen & the food – weight loss is – ya got to have that & exercise to lose & maintain long term! 🙂
    Jody – Fit at 55 recently posted…Gratitude Monday & FAMILY! Birthdays too!My Profile

    • Thanks, Jody! I still feel young; I want to feel strong too! I’m getting there. You’ve got some amazing arms. That’s what I’m looking for 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge