The first dairy alternative I ever tried was Silk soy milk. It was my go-to milk replacement for my morning cereal and in my coffee.
Then suddenly, the dairy case at the grocery stores were flooded with milk alternatives — almond milk, coconut milk, rice milk, hemp milk, etc. — and I tried almost ALL of them. I found myself coming back to Silk soy milk for both the smooth delicious taste and the 8 grams of protein per cup. Having given up meat several years ago, I was hard-pressed to meet my daily protein requirements. Falling back in love with soy was a great plant-based way to get the protein I needed in the mornings to fuel my workout and keep me satisfied until my next meal. Silk is also low in saturated fat and has no cholesterol, two more wins!
A boost of protein in the morning provides your body with what it needs to burn fat instead of muscle during a workout. Try this Tropical Yogurt Parfait using creamy vanilla Silk Soymilk for breakfast to wake up your taste buds and get your day started off right.
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Silk Soymilk
- 1/4 cup diced mango
- 1/4 cup diced banana chunks
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup all-natural granola
- 2 tsp. chopped or crushed walnuts
- 1 tsp. honey
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend together Greek yogurt and Vanilla Silk Soymilk until creamy and most lumps have disappeared.
- In a glass or mason jar, add the diced mango.
- Add half of the yogurt/soymilk blend to the glass directly on top of the mango.
- Add the diced banana and shredded coconut.
- Add the remainder of the yogurt/soymilk blend.
- Top with honey, granola, and chopped walnuts.
- When ready to eat, stir together & enjoy!
- If you are not planning to eat right away, store the granola & nuts separately. Pour on just before stirring, add honey, and stir.
Like to look at pretty pictures of food and yummy recipes? GREAT … I do too! Check out the Fall Back in Love with Soy recipe board on Pinterest.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.