Happy Friday! I started off the day with a nice & easy 3-mile run to get some of that natural energy flowing. My attempt to energize via multiple cups of coffee to rally for Pilates every Friday afternoon has not worked out so well. But a little run to get the blood flowing seems to do the trick!
If you have been following me here or on Instagram, then you know I am gearing up for a half-marathon on March 9th!!!
For today’s Fitness Friday post, I wanted to share some of my running essentials with you. I swear by this stuff and other products that I’ll feature at a later date. You might want to sign up just there on the right hand side so you don’t miss any upcoming posts!!
Here’s the Gear and Where to Grab It!!
1. Nike Women’s Free Run 2 — This is an older generation of the Nike Free Run’s, but they are still my favorite and I have tried many. If you find them in your size, you should be able to grab them at a terrific price. Comes in a multitude of cool colors. Great for running, super light!
2. Natori Sports Bra — This is my favorite sports bra for running. Has supportive underwire. Also available in Black, White, and Gray.
3. Bioderma Photoderm MAX SPF 50+ — First tried this sunscreen last summer while exploring Paris in 90 degree weather. I was certain that my face was going to burn & peel off because I had forgotten my hat. Ducked into a pharmacie, and the super-nice pharmacist recommended this as one of the best. My face and shoulders didn’t show the slightest hint of pink after 5+ hours spent walking around in the direct sun. I’ll call that effective.
4. Nike “Poise” Sunglasses (color pictured: Matte Night Stadium/Neo Turquoise) — The are great sunglasses for running. Doesn’t move up and down while you’re moving or fall down your nose when you start sweating. Nice pair!
5. Under Armour Running Socks — These are thick enough not to give you blisters, but not so thick that they are too hot or make your shoes feel too tight if your feet swell after you’ve been running awhile. One of my favorite running socks, and again … I have tried MANY!
6. Lululemon Run Inspire Crop — I run in shorts when its warm weather, but I love this running crop for cooler months. Keeps your legs warm on cooler days, but the material keeps you cool after your body gets warmed up. Nice lightweight with convenient pockets for stashing energy chews, keys, and more.