Happy Monday! I’ve been feeling really tired lately, and I’ve realized that one possibility is that I am not getting enough protein in my diet. I don’t think I did a great job upping my protein intake when I was training for my last half marathon, so I’m make a conscious effort to track my intake more carefully before I start training for my next run.
Part of the problem is making sure that I have prepared food on hand to fuel up in the morning & after runs, otherwise I get lazy and just grab what is available. Can anyone relate to that scenario?
One of my goals is to start including Nutritional Info with all of my Meatless Monday recipe posts, so if you are trying to keep track of your nutrient intake it will be a little easier for you as well 🙂
My Spicy Veggie Fritatta was SO popular, I decided to create another fritatta recipe. Fritatta’s are tasty, easy to make, and great for leftovers because you can serve it warm or at room temp. Today’s fritatta recipe is a
Fingerling Potato & Kale Fritatta
I think you’ll enjoy it!
Here’s what you need for about 8 servings.
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped kale
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes
- Olive oil, 4 tbsp. (1-2 tablespoons are reserved for roasting your potatoes; if you are using leftover roasted veggies, you only need 2 tbsp. of olive oil)
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
This is a GREAT way to use up leftover roasted vegetables like potatoes that you have in the fridge. If you don’t have any leftover veggies, check out my Easy Peasy Roasted Vegetables recipe to roast the fingerling potatoes for this recipe.
After you have roasted potatoes, proceed as follows.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet or other oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the kale and minced garlic and cook until greens are wilted.
- Add the roasted fingerling potatoes to the skillet and toss to combine.
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- While the kale, garlic, and potatoes are cooking, beat together the eggs, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes (DO NOT STIR!!)
- Remove from stovetop & place in the oven broiler (about 6 inches from broiler) for3 to 5 minutes, until eggs are just set & frittata has started to brown/cheese has started bubbling.
- Watch closely so that your frittata doesn’t burn!
- To serve, top the frittata with the fresh herbs and a few grinds of fresh cracked pepper.