Happy Valentine’s Day! Show your body a little love today by doing some of the stretches in this awesome roundup of “Love Your Body” Stretches
Stretching can help you: Avoid injury, Increase Range of Motion in Your Joints, Improve Circulation, and Increase Energy
For tight hamstrings, try the Modified Hurdler Stretch
- Sit on the floor with your left leg straight out in front of you. Bend your right knee, placing the sole of your right foot against the inside of your left thigh. Hold for 30 seconds, and then switch legs.
On Your Side Quad Stretch
1) Lie on your right side, with your right knee bent at a 90-degree angle resting on the floor in front of you (see photo on left).
2) As shown in right photo, bend your left knee behind you holding your left foot with your left hand.
3) Switch sides
Tight shoulders? Try the Eagle Arms Stretch
And lastly, for your back …
Seated Trunk Twist
This one will get your back, as well as your obliques!
1) Sit up tall on floor with your legs extended out in front of you.
2) Rotate just your ribcage to right (keep your butt on the mat & hips as still as you can). Keep your abs engaged! Twist as far to the right as possible without allowing your butt to come off the mat.
3) Return to center & repeat on the other side for one rep. Do a total of 10 reps!