It’s that time again! Another delicious recipe coming your way for Meatless Monday. I’m totally craving Thai food today, so I’m serving up Vegetables in Coconut Milk.
This is super quick & tasty. Prep + cook time is about 35 minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 4 ounces fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Pound and a half of fresh asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (I like A Taste of Thai Light Coconut Milk)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Heat vegetable oil in a wok. Add ginger and garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add the eggplant, sweet potatoes and 2 teaspoons of water, cooking for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Stir often!
Add the green beans, cover, and steam for 4 minutes. Shake the wok during cooking to prevent the green beans from sticking.
Add the asparagus & coconut milk and cook until the asparagus is tender (about 3 minutes). Add the fish sauce, baby spinach, and basil leaves. Toss until the spinach and basil have softened. Serve alone or over brown rice. Add a little chopped basil on top for garnish. Enjoy!
Other recipes you may enjoy:
Learn more about Meatless Monday!