No need to look any further for flavor on this Meatless Monday!
This meatless salad recipe is a great addition to the dinner menu, whether or not you’ve got vegetarians at your table.
Arugula Salad with Feta, Avocado, & Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 cups lightly packed organic arugula
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 large or 2 small organic avocados
- 1/4 cup low-fat feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup pistachio kernels
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup light extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground salt & black pepper
Slice avocados and set aside.
In a large salad bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, and arugula leaves. Next, add in the feta cheese crumbles & pistachio kernels. Add olive oil & balsamic vinegar & toss ingredients together.
Portion onto salad plates, and add freshly ground salt & pepper. Place sliced avocado on top & serve!