As much as I swear by my beauty products for keeping my skin radiant and younger looking, I know that what I put in to my body even more important that what I slather on it.
Stress, caffeine, alcohol, sugar-laden treats and pollution cause a build up of toxins in our bodies that can leave us with dry, flaky and even acne-ridden skin that need to be eliminated in order to rebalance the body.
I prefer blending to juicing, since most of the fiber and other good stuff gets left behind when you use a juicer. I love making fresh green juices in my Vitamix, and it’s perfect for making a big batch of this skin-clearing smoothie that’s chock full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to cleanse your body of toxins and leave you with glowing, healthy skin.
This Asian Green Tea Smoothie packs a serious antioxidant punch with tons of nutrient-rich veggies and green tea. Green tea is known for its ability to fight the signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles, sagging and sun damage, while the mega-dose of green veggies in this juice will provide even more antioxidants to give you that healthy glow.
Try this vegan, non-dairy recipe with a spicy boost to complement your regimen and get radiant skin from within.
- 1 1/2 cups Green tea (freshly brewed, then chilled)
- Juice from 1/2 small lemon
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1 cup organic spinach
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf
- 1 inch fresh ginger (peeled & chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon Madagascar vanilla extract
- Coarsely chop romaine, lettuce, and Kaffir lime leaf.
- Place all ingredients in the order listed into a high-speed blender (such as Vitamix) and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
More from my site