Happy #FitnessFriday! Today we’ll be toning and strengthening our core. Today, I’m sharing the 15-minute Fearless Workout from Sofia Boutella courtesy of Nike Training Club. This workout has a total of 5 moves that you will repeat three times. Are you ready? Let’s do this!
If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can download the Nike Training Club app FREE of charge. This is one of the many at-home workouts & stretch routines available to you.
Grab a mat, and let’s get started!
The first move in the Fearless Workout is the Crunch Circuit.
1) Lie on your back with hands behind your head and legs slightly apart in a V-shape.
2) Squeeze your abs in tight to lift your upper body and shoulder blades off the ground.
3) Return to starting position.
4) Crunch forward again and extend one arm straight in front of you, with your palm-side facing up.
5) Lower back down.
6) Crunch forward again and extend the same arm straight out in front of you with the palm side facing down.
7) Return to start position and repeat with the opposite arm.
8) Repeat for one minute alternating arms, as above.
Check out this YouTube clip to see dancer Sofia Boutella demonstrate this move.
The second move in this workout is V-Ups.
1) Sit upright with your knees tucked into your chest, feet elevated off the floor, and hands in a supportive position behind you.
2) Extend legs out in front of you as you lower your upper body back towards the floor.
3) Crunch back in to start position and repeat for a total of 60 seconds.
Watch a YouTube clip of modified V-Ups here.
The third move in this workout is Side V-Ups with Leg Kicks.
1) Sit upright with knees tucked in and feet off the ground. Swivel to one side and keep your hands in a supportive position behind you.
2) Kick your legs out as you lower your upper body towards the floor.
3) Crunch your knees back in.
4) Kick the top leg out in front of you.
5) Bring it back down to start position.
6) Kick the top leg behind you.
7) Return to start position and repeat on the other side.
8) Do this move for one minute.
Watch a YouTube clip of modified Side V-Ups with Leg Kicks here.
The fourth move is V-Hold with Leg Kicks.
1) Sit upright with knees tucked in to your chest, feet off the floor and hands in a supportive position behind you. This is the same starting position that you did above in move #2.
2) Tighten your abs as you kick one leg towards the sky.
3) Return to start position.
4) Tighten your abs as you extend the same leg out in front of you.
5) Return to start position and repeat, alternating sides for one minute.
Watch a YouTube clip of modified V-Hold with Leg Kicks here.
The fifth move is Side High Kicks.
1) Start on your side with legs stretched out, using your arms for support.
2) Bring your legs in towards you bending both knees.
3) Kick out with both legs to make a 90-degree angle, making sure you keep both legs as straight as possible.
4) Bring both legs back in towards you chest.
5) Return to start position and repeat for one minute, switching legs halfway through.
Repeat each move 2 more times for a total of three sets.
Congrats! You are DONE!
More from my site