The first dairy alternative I ever tried was Silk soy milk. It was my go-to milk replacement for my morning cereal and in my coffee.
Then suddenly, the dairy case at the grocery stores were flooded with milk alternatives — almond milk, coconut milk, rice milk, hemp milk, etc. — and I tried almost ALL of them. I found myself coming back to Silk soy milk for both the smooth delicious taste and the 8 grams of protein per cup. Having given up meat several years ago, I was hard-pressed to meet my daily protein requirements. Falling back in love with soy was a great plant-based way to get the protein I needed in the mornings to fuel my workout and keep me satisfied until my next meal. Silk is also low in saturated fat and has no cholesterol, two more wins!
A boost of protein in the morning provides your body with what it needs to burn fat instead of muscle during a workout. Try this Tropical Yogurt Parfait using creamy vanilla Silk Soymilk for breakfast to wake up your taste buds and get your day started off right.
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Silk Soymilk
- 1/4 cup diced mango
- 1/4 cup diced banana chunks
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup all-natural granola
- 2 tsp. chopped or crushed walnuts
- 1 tsp. honey
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend together Greek yogurt and Vanilla Silk Soymilk until creamy and most lumps have disappeared.
- In a glass or mason jar, add the diced mango.
- Add half of the yogurt/soymilk blend to the glass directly on top of the mango.
- Add the diced banana and shredded coconut.
- Add the remainder of the yogurt/soymilk blend.
- Top with honey, granola, and chopped walnuts.
- When ready to eat, stir together & enjoy!
- If you are not planning to eat right away, store the granola & nuts separately. Pour on just before stirring, add honey, and stir.
If you haven’t tried Silk (or if you have and still want to SAVE) check out this link for money-saving coupons!!
Like to look at pretty pictures of food and yummy recipes? GREAT … I do too! Check out the Fall Back in Love with Soy recipe board on Pinterest.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.